Green Technologies, Green-Tech – Liège
Based in Liège, Smartnodes is the LACROIX City R&D excellence center for smart street solutions over lighting grids. The measurement of traffic density and user speeds is used for road mobility and safety applications. By integrating environmental sensors, parking sensors, etc., Smartnodes’ public lighting network is becoming the driving force behind Smart street networks.
SmartNodes is part of LACROIX City, European leader in Smart City technology. As industrial designer of complementary smart street equipment for local authorities and businesses, LACROIX City guides, optimizes and secures the flow of vehicles and people with an end goal: to share streets and roads, taking into account the needs of all their users and operators. Established in France, Spain, Belgium and North America, LACROIX City has now more than 600 employees shared between R&D offices and complementary production sites. Lacroix City customers are cities, regions and distribution network companies, worldwide. Together, they prepare the infrastructure for smart roads and mobility. Please visit https://www.lacroix-city.com
In order to develop its business and reinforce the team in Liège, we are actively looking for a (m/f):
Reporting to the R&D Manager, you are developing backend applications and SmartNodes embedded communication technologies. You maintain close contact with Sales & Marketing in order to identify technical upgrade of current solutions and commercial opportunities.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You propose, with the support of the R&D Manager, the roadmap of backend and embedded applications.
- You develop, maintain and upgrade backend and embedded applications and/or you customize existing standard applications to the most suitable solution based on the customers’ specifications and expectations.
- You participate to demonstrations and software development projects.
- Your report work evolution on regular basis.
- Master degree in engineering, IT or computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- Good understanding of Linux environments and embedded C.
- Solutions, quality, innovation and results oriented, with good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, hands on, autonomous, rigorous and flexible.
- Very good command of English.
- The command of French, Dutch and/or German is a plus.
- Junior application welcome.
- A diversified and challenging technical position within a dynamic team in a leader company.
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable development and green tech company.
- Varied contacts with professionals on an international scale.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities.
- An attractive salary package coherent with your experience.